Series, MAAD Dharma
Sunday, Aug 26 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Takoma Park, MD private residence
, Mont Co (map it
THIS SERIES HAS BEEN CANCELED.
Intermediate Level Class Series for those suffering with
Mood, Attachment And Anxiety Disorders
6-week series, August 26-September 30
Come and discover MAAD Dharma, a deepening mindfulness practice helping people suffering with mood, attachment & anxiety disorders take refuge in the power of awareness, understanding, naming and compassion. Learn how to interrupt the patterns of destructive thoughts, feelings and behaviors and make room for your true, healthy, basic goodness to shine through. In this workshop you will:
- Learn how to see every step toward liberation (however small) as a worthwhile investment in your health;
- Learn how to use mindfulness to cultivate skillful habits that make the life you have … workable;
- Learn how to become intimately familiar with the absolute nature of mind and the relative nature of your unique thinking-feeling-behavior patterns;
- Learn how to become your own “scientist”, curiously committed to using, exploiting and harnessing what you learn about yourself; mapping destructive patterns at increasingly subtle levels, and using awareness, understanding, naming and compassion to wear them down; and
- Learn how to set intentions (again and again) to make the next skillful, wholesome, useful decision … however often you miss your mark … with full awareness and acceptance of your “wired together” networks of thoughts, feelings and impulses.
Please bring your own cushion.
Learn more about our ongoing classes.
Teacher bio: Trudy mitchell-gilkey, LICSW, LCSW-C
Series Manager: Trudy mitchell-gilkey
Registration available on August 26 class webpage. Registration closes Friday, August 24 at noon.
Fee: Full series $200.
Scholarships: Scholarships are available. To apply, please click the Email Us button below before registering. You can also direct a donation to the scholarship fund on the registration form.
IMCW Refund Policy: $35 of the registration fee is non-refundable. If you contact the retreat manager by clicking theEmail Us button below three weeks before the event, the balance of your registration will be refunded. Issuing a refund check may take 2-4 weeks. If you cancel less than three weeks before your retreat begins, your full deposit is forfeited.
Late Registration: To request late registration, please email the retreat manager to check if there are still openings (email button, below).
Persons of all backgrounds and orientations are welcome.