The Nora School (955 Sligo Avenue, Silver Spring, MD) (Map It
Deepening Practice for MBSR Graduates (and Others of Similar Experience) Class Series
Sundays, January 27-March 31 (no class February 17)
Daylong, Saturday, March 16
This course is designed for graduates of MBSR (and others with significant mindfulness training) to refresh and expand skills and deepen practice.
This course will focus on:
- Deepening or cultivating a regular meditation practice
- Exploring the power of heart-opening practices
- Building greater trust in the wisdom of the body
- Untangling from habitual thought patterns and behaviors that cause suffering
- Developing communication skills and fostering community
- Bringing mindfulness more fully into daily life for greater ease
The course will include:
- Guided instruction in a variety of meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful qigong
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing skillful means and connection in everyday life
- Daily home practice, including guided meditations
- Several meditation practice CDs (also available in mp3 format) and a home practice manual
I have become more sensitive to taking another person’s perspective and also to considering their possible intentions. I have noticed that after meditating I am more calm and even-keeled, positive, strong, optimistic. I feel like I ruminate far less than before on emotionally-laden events.
~ Arlene G.
This venue is handicapped accessible.
Scholarships: Scholarships are available. To apply, please email the series manager before registering. Please apply early as funds are limited. You can also direct a donation to the scholarship fund on the registration form.
IMCW Refund Policy: If you cancel more than three weeks before the start of the class series, your payment will be refunded minus a $50 administrative fee. IMCW cannot offer refunds for cancellations made fewer than 3 weeks before the beginning of the class series. There is no refund for classes you do not attend. Issuing a refund check may take 2-4 weeks.
Late Registration: Online registration will close at 12 a.m. the Tuesday before the series begins. To request late registration, please email the class series manager to check if there are still openings.
|8-week series & daylong:||$550.00|