- 6:30 PM at Yoga Heights DC, (3506 Georgia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, 20010) (Map It)
Topic: "Beginning Anew: Forgiving Ourselves, Each Other, and This Life"
From Felonious Munk:
"I want this show ["Nothing To Lose But Our Chains"] to give people an opportunity to look at the people who have harmed them and forgive those people, and maybe move forward. Not just second chances, but humanizing fuck-ups. Because we've all done things, and this show is about not overlooking those things, but loving people in spite of their not being perfect."
As we begin this new year, can we at least intend to clear our hearts of its suffering from carrying anger, grudges, resentment, and bitterness towards ourselves, others, and this life. At this gathering we will explore what allows and what blocks our hearts to forgive.
Hope you can join us.
The LGBTIQ group meets the 2nd Saturday of every month. Please keep an eye on the website calendar for monthly readings and updates.
The IMCW LGBTQ Sangha aspires to:
- explore our LGBTIQ identities in the light of the Buddhist dharma, across multiple and intersecting lines of difference that include, but are not limited to: sexuality, gender, race, ethnicity, socio-economic class, age, and dis/abilities.
- provide a safe and intimate space where LGBTIQs can deepen the practice of meditation and mindful dialogue.
- study the dharma from diverse perspectives and to inspire insightful discussion.
- cultivate a sense of belonging and community both within the LGBTIQ sangha and the larger IMCW sangha.
Format of our meeting
- 30-minute sit/walking meditation
- Short dharma talk
- Mindful discussion
- Dedication of Merit/Closing/Announcements
- Optional dinner at a local restaurant after meeting
These teachings and gatherings are offered free of charge. If you would like to make a donation (offer dana) to support my teaching and programming of diverse dharma events within IMCW, and to and to pay the rental fee to Yoga Heights, you may do so after the meeting. Any amount you are able to offer is greatly appreciated.
Newcomers to meditation and long time practitioners are welcome to attend. You may bring your own sitting gear if you like. We provide blankets to sit on the floor and some chairs.
Please arrive by 3:45 p.m. so that we can begin promptly at 4:00 p.m. If you can volunteer to set up, please let me know and arrive by 3:30 p.m.
PLEASE RSVP so we know how many chairs to set up. Thanks! Hope you can join us!
Parking is on-street. Please read parking signs carefully to avoid getting a ticket.
Learn more about our ongoing classes
What is Dana?
Any questions? Contact us