32nd Annual Vesak (Birth, Enlightenment & Death of the Buddha) Celebration
- 4:00 PM at Drikung Dharma Surya Center, (5300 Ox Road, Fairfax, VA, 22030) (Map It)
You are invited to join Buddhists from over 30 temples representing many countries and traditions throughout the greater Washington, DC area as we gather at Drikung Dharma Surya Center to celebrate the birth, enlightenment, and Mahaparinirvana of the Buddha. Drikung Dharma Surya Center is a Tibetan Buddhist temple.
Activities begin at 8:45 a.m. and includes:
- circumambulation of the temple
- flower offering by children (please bring your children to represent the IMCW temple)
- multi-language chanting, taking the precepts, prayers and homages to the Buddha
- dharma teachings and guided meditation (a separate children's program will be offered)
Lunch for monastics will be served at 11 a.m. followed by lunch for laity, dance performances and presentations from a rich variety of Buddhist cultures. The program ends at 4 p.m.
The 32nd International Vesak Day is co-sponsored by IMCW.
Any questions? Contact us