Class Series Dashboard
Four Foundations of Mindfulness: Buddha’s Teachings of Freedom
Six Tuesdays, February 21-March 28, 7:15 pm – 9:00 pm ET
The retreat will be held in Eastern Time Zone (New York – US): convert to your time zone
The basic texts for the course are Satipatthana: The Direct Path to Realization by Venerable Analayo (Windhorse Publications, 2003) and ‘Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Awakening’ by Joseph Goldstein (Sounds True, 2013). You can choose which of the two books to focus on—or read both.
- 7:15 – 7:25: Welcome and Intro
- 7:25 – 7:45: Meditation
- 7:45 – 8:25: Talk on Four Foundations of Mindfulness
- 8:25 – 8:45: Break-out Groups (if time permits)
- 8:45 – 8:55: Full group Q&A/sharing
- 8:55 – 9:00: At-home practices, announcements
- Week 1 (February 21): Overview of the Satipatthana Sutta
- Week 2: (February 28): Overview (continued) and Mindfulness of the Body
- Week 3: (March 7): Mindfulness of Body (continued)
- Week 4: (March 14): Mindfulness of Feelings (‘Feeling Tone’)
- Week 5: (March 21): Mindfulness of Mind States
- Week 6: (March 28): Mindfulness of Mind Objects (dhammas)
Extra Resources, Video and Audio Recordings
The Four Noble Truths class series videos from earlier this year.
Hugh’s talk: The Journey and The Path
The Four Noble Truths class series slide presentation.
Student Shared Resources
Content questions? Email Hugh Byrne: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative/logistical or technology questions? Email Glen Harrison: email@example.com