Main Sessions, Teacher Meeting Groups and Optional Sits
The rhythm of this retreat will feel very familiar to those of you who have been on a silent retreat before (noble silence info here), with sitting, walking, and guided sessions as well as dharma talks. This is an online retreat and attendance is via Zoom. Once everyone is fully confirmed into the retreat, you will receive a password in the Next Steps email for access to the retreat. Please find more information about this retreat by reading through these web pages: Home Retreat Guidelines, Preparing for Retreat tips, During the Retreat, and MMTCP Retreat Info.
- Here is an overview of the Main Meditation Hall Sessions:
- Our first day together with the Retreat Orientation, Arriving and Settling, and the Opening Ceremony.
- Main daily sessions such as Guided Instruction, Sitting and Walking Meditation, Mindful Movement, Guided Heart Meditation and the Dharma Talk.
- Our final day together will close the retreat with a variety of reintegration talks and sits during the Closing Ceremonies.
- You will automatically be assigned to one Teacher Meeting group and your group assignment will be available once everyone is confirmed into the retreat.
- Group assignments will be based on whether you are a newcomer or an experienced retreatant as selected during registration. You will be in a group of 7-8 yogis who will meet together 2 times during the retreat with 2 different teachers. You will also need to complete a Teacher Meeting questionnaire.
- Here is an overview of the Optional Sessions and the requirements for new MMTCP students
- MMTCP students needing a qualifying retreat will need to read the MMTCP Retreat Info here and complete the MMTCP Student Agreement and attend both the Orientation for MMTCP Qualifying Retreat Participants and Closing Session for MMTCP Qualifying Retreat Participants. MMTCP must be present for the full duration of the retreat in accordance with the MMTCP Student Agreement for at least 5 formal practice sessions per day including some combination of talks, guided/instructional meditations, Q&A periods, silent meditations, guided mindful movement, and small group/individual teacher meetings. Included in this number must be at least 2 silent sits of 30-45 minutes each every day, and at least two small group or individual teacher meetings over the course of the retreat.
|GREETINGS & WELCOME!||2021 IMCW Silent 6-Day Retreat Daily Schedule|
|The retreat schedule is in Eastern Time Zone (New York – US) convert to your time zone|
|First Day||Friday, July 23||Location (on Zoom)|
|5:15 – 5:45 PM||Orientation for MMTCP Qualifying Retreat Participants (MMTCP only)||MMTCP Meeting|
|6:00 – 6:45 PM||Meditation Hall opens for Retreat Orientation and Zoom Open House for Yogis||Meditation Hall|
|Break – Meditation Hall closed||On Your Own|
|7:00 PM||Arrive and Settle for Opening||Meditation Hall|
|7:15 – 8:45 PM||Opening Ceremony: Evening Talk & Meditation||Meditation Hall|
|MMTCP students need to attend 5 of bolded daily sessions below each day in accordance with the MMTCP Retreat Info here|
|Daily||Saturday, July 24 – Wednesday, July 28||Location (on Zoom)|
|8:15 AM||Arrive and Settle – Community Announcements||Meditation Hall|
|8:30 AM||Guided Instructions with Q&A||Meditation Hall|
|9:45 AM||Morning Guided Mindful Movement||Meditation Hall|
|10:30 AM||Morning Walking Meditation and/or Sense and Savor Walk||On Your Own|
|11:15 PM||Mid-day Silent Sitting Meditation||Meditation Hall|
|12:00 – 1:30 PM||Break – Meditation Hall closed / Meal / Rest||On Your Own|
|1:30 PM||Guided Heart Meditation||Meditation Hall|
|2:15 – 3:00 PM||On Your Own Practice: Sit or Walk or Pre-recorded Mindful Movement (optional). |
Visit the Supplemental Resources menu
|On Your Own|
|2:15 – 3:30 PM||or Teacher Meetings when assigned (prioritize over other sits, only 3 times/retreat)||Teacher Meetings|
|3:00 – 3:30 PM||Afternoon Silent Sitting Meditation||Meditation Hall|
|3:30 PM||Afternoon Walking Meditation and/or Sense and Savor Walk||On Your Own|
|4:15 PM||Arrive and Settle for Dharma Talk||Meditation Hall|
|4:30 – 5:30 PM||Dharma Talk with a short sitting||Meditation Hall|
|5:30 – 7:30 PM||Break – Meditation Hall closed / Meal / Rest / Practice||On Your Own|
|7:30 – 8:15 PM||Evening Silent Sitting Meditation with ending chant||Meditation Hall|
|8:15 PM||Further Practice or Sleep||On Your Own|
|Closing Day||Friday, July 29||Location (on Zoom)|
|8:15 AM||Arrive and Settle||Meditation Hall|
|8:30 AM||Sitting Meditation with Dana Talk and Announcements||Meditation Hall|
|9:30 – 11:00 AM||Closing Ceremony||Meditation Hall|
|11:15 – 11:45 AM||Closing Session for MMTCP Qualifying Retreat Participants (MMTCP only)||MMTCP Meeting|