Main Sessions, Teacher Meeting Groups and Optional Sits
The rhythm of this retreat will feel very familiar to those of you who have been on a silent retreat before (noble silence info here), with sitting, walking, and guided sessions as well as dharma talks. This is an online retreat and attendance is via Zoom. Once everyone is fully confirmed into the retreat, you will receive a password in the Next Steps email for access to the retreat. Please find more information about this retreat by reading through these web pages: Home Retreat Guidelines, Preparing for Retreat tips, During the Retreat, and MMTCP Retreat Info.
- Here is an overview of the Main Meditation Hall Sessions:
- Our first day together with the Retreat Orientation, Arriving and Settling, and the Opening Ceremony.
- Main daily sessions such as Guided Instruction, Sitting and Walking Meditation, Mindful Movement, Guided Heart Meditation and the Dharma Talk.
- Our final day together will close the retreat with a variety of reintegration talks and sits during the Closing Ceremonies.
- You will automatically be assigned to one Teacher Meeting group and your group assignment will be available once everyone is confirmed into the retreat.
- Group assignments may be based on any affinity/identification selected during registration. You will be in a group of 8-9 yogis who will meet together 2 or 3 times during the retreat with 2 or 3 different teachers or assisting teachers. You will also need to complete a Teacher Meeting questionnaire.
- Here is an overview of the requirements for new MMTCP students
- MMTCP students needing a qualifying retreat will need to read the MMTCP Retreat Info here and complete the MMTCP Student Agreement and attend both the Orientation for MMTCP Qualifying Retreat Participants and Closing Session for MMTCP Qualifying Retreat Participants. MMTCP must be present for the full duration of the retreat in accordance with the MMTCP Student Agreement for at least 5 formal practice sessions per day including some combination of talks, guided/instructional meditations, Q&A periods, silent meditations, guided mindful movement, and small group/individual teacher meetings. Included in this number must be at least 2 silent sits of 30-45 minutes each every day, and at least 2 small group or individual teacher meetings over the course of the retreat.
|GREETINGS & WELCOME!||2021 IMCW Silent 6-Day Retreat Daily Schedule|
|The retreat schedule is in Eastern Time Zone (New York – US) convert to your time zone|
|First Day||Sunday, December 26||Location (on Zoom)|
|1:30 PM||Meditation Hall opens for Retreat Orientation and Zoom Open House for Yogis||Meditation Hall|
|2:30 PM||Break – Meditation Hall closed||On Your Own|
|or Orientation for MMTCP Qualifying Retreat Participants (MMTCP only)||MMTCP Meeting|
|3:15 PM||Arrive and Settle for Opening||Meditation Hall|
|3:30 – 5:30 PM||Opening Ceremony||Meditation Hall|
|Daily||Monday, December 27 – Friday, December 31||Location (on Zoom)|
|MMTCP students need to attend 5 of bolded daily sessions below each day in accordance with the MMTCP Retreat Info here|
|7:45 AM||Pre-recorded Mindful Movement (optional). Visit the Supplemental Resources menu||On Your Own|
|8:15 AM||Arrive and Settle – Community Announcements||Meditation Hall|
|8:30 – 9:30 AM||Guided Instructions with Q&A||Meditation Hall|
|9:30 – 10:15 AM||Morning Guided Mindful Movement||Meditation Hall|
|9:45 – 11:00 AM||or Teacher Meetings when assigned (prioritize over other sits, only 2 or 3 times/retreat)||Teacher Meetings|
|or LGBTQIA+ Meeting on Wed||LGBTQIA+ Meeting|
|10:30 AM||Morning Silent Sitting Meditation||Meditation Hall|
|11:00 AM||Morning Walking Meditation||On Your Own|
|11:15 – 12:30 PM||or People with Dis/Abilities and Deaf People Meeting on Wed||Dis/Abilities Meeting|
|11:45 – 12:30 PM||Mid-day Silent Sitting Meditation||Meditation Hall|
|12:30 – 2:00 PM||Break – Meditation Hall closed / Meal / Rest||On Your Own|
|2:00 – 2:45 PM||Guided Heart Meditation||Meditation Hall|
|2:45 – 3:30 PM||Afternoon Guided Mindful Movement||Meditation Hall|
|3:00 – 4:15 PM||or Teacher Meetings when assigned (prioritize over other sits, only 2 or 3 times/retreat)||Teacher Meetings|
|or BIPOC Meeting on Wed||BIPOC Meeting|
|3:30 PM||Afternoon Walking Meditation||On Your Own|
|4:15 PM||Arrive and Settle for Dharma Talk||Meditation Hall|
|4:30 – 5:30 PM||Dharma Talk with a short sitting||Meditation Hall|
|5:30 – 7:30 PM||Break – Meditation Hall closed / Meal / Rest / Practice||On Your Own|
|7:30 – 8:15 PM||Evening Silent Sitting Meditation with ending chant||Meditation Hall|
|Closing Day||Saturday, January 1||Location (on Zoom)|
|8:15 AM||Arrive and Settle||Meditation Hall|
|8:30 – 9:15 AM||Sitting Meditation with Dana Talk and Announcements||Meditation Hall|
|9:15 – 10:45 AM||Closing Ceremony||Meditation Hall|
|11:00 – 11:30 AM||Closing Session for MMTCP Qualifying Retreat Participants (MMTCP only)||MMTCP Meeting|