Class Series Dashboard
can add short code, ex:
Four Foundations of Mindfulness: Buddha’s Teachings of Freedom
Six Tuesdays, October 18-November 3, 7:15 pm – 9:00 pm ET
The retreat will be held in Eastern Time Zone (New York – US): convert to your time zone
The unique class meeting link will be emailed to you each week, about 15 minutes before class. Please read our Zoom Instructions & FAQ
You will also receive a link to the class recording about 15 minutes after class.
In preparation for the course, you are encouraged to begin reading the two recommended books: Sharon Salzberg’s Loving-kindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness, and Christina Feldman’s Boundless Heart: The Buddha’s Path of Kindness, Compassion, Joy, and Equanimity.
- 7:15 – 7:25: Welcome and Intro
- 7:25 – 7:40: Meditation
- 7:40 – 8:30: Talk and heart-practices meditation
- 8:30 – 8:45: Break-out Groups (if time permits)
- 8:45 – 8:55: Full group Q&A/sharing
- 8:55 – 9:00: At-home practices, announcements
- Week 1: Introduction and Overview of the Heart Practices (Brahma Viharas, or ‘divine abodes’)
- Week 2: Loving-kindness (1)
- Week 3: Loving-kindness (2)
- Week 4: Compassion
- Week 5: Appreciative Joy
- Week 6: Equanimity
- Week 7: (optional) Conclusion and Q&A
Extra Resources, Video and Audio Recordings
The Four Noble Truths class series videos from earlier this year.
Hugh’s talk: The Journey and The Path
The Four Noble Truths class series slide presentation.
Student Shared Resources
Content questions? Email Hugh Byrne: Hughgbyrne123@gmail.com
Administrative/logistical or tech questions? Email Glen Harrison: email@example.com