The Insight Meditation Community of Washington (IMCW) seeks new members for its board of directors, including executive committee positions. To recruit new members, IMCW has begun a targeted outreach plus this open call for applications from students, teachers and supporters.
IMCW’s board serves a key role in supporting a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness. The board ensures IMCW activities fulfill its vision and mission, and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance for organizational continuity and sustainability.
To fill opening positions on the board, IMCW seeks applications from individuals with demonstrable commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion at programmatic, organizational, and operational levels. IMCW encourages applications from a broad range of age groups, backgrounds and communities including persons from historically under-represented groups. Applicants need to live in the D.C. metro area.
Applicants with the following expertise/experience are needed:
- web site design and development or information technology
- nonprofit or corporate legal counsel
- developing and integrating diversity, equity and inclusivity principles, strategies, and organizational culture
Ideally, board applicants will bring:
- a strong passion and commitment to and understanding of IMCW’s mission
- savvy diplomatic skills and an ability to cultivate relationships and partnerships through building consensus among diverse individuals and communities
- strength in facilitating momentum, moving into action, and focusing on execution
- active involvement within the IMCW community, ideally, in the capacity of any of the following categories, within IMCW for a minimum period of 3-years:
IMCW intends to bring on a few new members to serve an initial 1-year term beginning July 2020 through June 2021. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the candidate questionnaire. Interested candidates identified for nomination will be interviewed by members of the current board of directors and teachers council.
The application deadline is Tuesday, March 23, 2020. Interviews will take place in April 2019. Candidates will be selected in May 2019.