The Larry Yang Fund for Black and Indigenous People of Color (BIPOC) Support. will be used to provide resources to BIPOC students and teachers as they seek to learn, teach and otherwise deepen their experience in the dharma. Our sincere belief is that, when barriers to full inclusion are eliminated, there is a natural shift in the balance of power that leads to a greater sense of community and collective transformation, for the benefit of all.
The Fund was named for Larry Yang, a founding teacher at the East Bay Meditation Center in Oakland, Ca. Larry has been a guiding light for IMCW for over fifteen years on issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Who Is Eligible
- IMCW BIPOC Teachers, Affiliate Teachers, and Sangha Leaders*
- BIPOC yogis attending IMCW and Non-IMCW events, daylongs, retreats
The fund will be used as follows:
- Support IMCW BIPOC Teachers/Sangha Leaders through:
- Teacher development trainings
- Teacher Stipends for leading sanghas, classes, daylongs, retreats
- Scholarships for BIPOC Yogis for IMCW and Non-IMCW events
- BIPOC Retreats (weekend or longer)
To donate to this fund: http://imcw.org/Giving/c/LarryYangFund. Thank you!
* Sangha Leaders* must exhibit commitment to serve with IMCW in the future.
Please contact IMCW’s ED for Administration Anne Green to inquire but applying for support from thus fund.