Please share with anyone you know who might be interested.
Position Opening (3/1/22)
Marketing and Administrative Manager
Overview: The Insight Meditation Community of Washington (IMCW) is a vibrant Vipassana meditation community with over 40 teachers that serves the DC Metro area, as well as parts of Baltimore and Delaware. We are looking for a talented, team-oriented and easy-going individual to help create and implement a strategy for promoting classes and retreats through social media, weekly newsletters and our website. This person will also assist with administrative duties, including volunteer management and support of IMCW committees. This contractor position reports to the Executive Directors of Programs and Administration. This position is expected to be 20-30 hours/week and is 100% virtual. Candidates must live within 30 miles of Washington, DC.
DEIA Commitment: IMCW is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse work environment, where everyone is welcome and all voices, perspectives, and backgrounds are valued. We believe prioritizing diversity and inclusion throughout our hiring process allows for equitable representation and accessibility. We strive to create a team and culture that reflects the community we serve, where each individual feels empowered to show up authentically.
Hours, Benefits & Compensation: This is a part-time contractor position, and does not include healthcare coverage. The equivalent of two weeks of paid time off each year is provided. The work schedule is mainly at the contractor’s discretion but may include some evenings or weekends. Compensation is $25-35/hour, commensurate with experience.
Marketing & Writing
- With members of the Marketing committee, create and implement a strategy for reaching both local and non-local participants to fill classes and retreats
- Manage IMCW’s social media accounts, including writing and sourcing material from teachers and the public domain
- Oversee the layout and delivery of IMCW’s weekly electronic newsletter. This includes writing copy, sourcing material from teachers, the IMCW website, and audio/video from classes
- Track website and social media statistics via Google Analytics and other sources
- Retrieve and respond to phone and email inquiries
- Assist with committee correspondence
- Update event pages on WordPress website
- Compile data and write copy for IMCW’s Annual Report Volunteer Management & Admin
- Update volunteer information on IMCW website
- Advertise volunteer opportunities via social media and weekly newsletter
- Recruit volunteers for special events
- Keep an updated list of all volunteers and positions
- With Executive Director of Programs, coordinate annual volunteer appreciation event
- Communicate with volunteers to stay updated on their needs
- Minimum of three years’ experience in marketing/social media or related field
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Familiarity with WordPress a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Some experience with event planning and volunteer coordination
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a small staff and volunteers
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Familiarity with mindfulness, Insight or other Buddhist meditation helpful
- This position will remain open until filled. Please send resume and cover letter to
- email@example.com (click to open email or copy and then paste)